IT Systems Administrator (x2 positions available)
10th November 2023
Purpose of the Role
Back to all jobs
Here at Sesame Bankhall Group (SBG), we aim to be the market leader in providing professional support services to financial advice firms in the UK.
To provide Group wide support to users of IT, providing a proactive service to support users and systems in order to meet business requirements and demands
- Working as part of a cross-site team provides an IT services to internal users. Provide support, knowledge, and tools to the business to ensure an efficient service.
- To provide specialist, professional, IT consultation and advice to the Group in your area of expertise. To manage those systems under your control proactively and professionally.
- To manage the site’s IT equipment and infrastructure (where appropriate), to ensure that they are under management and meet business requirements.
- Ensure all calls are logged and updated on the Helpdesk package in accordance with targets, maintaining a high level of contact with the customer.
- Provide routine and complex technical support including incident/problem identification, resolution and root cause analysis
- Implement recommendations in order to minimise future service disruption.
- Provide desktop and server support services and maintenance based on the needs of the group.
- Build and configure IT equipment/servers/desktops/laptops on the network, upgrade as and when required, including the installations of patches, service packs and new software.
- Monitor servers and systems to analyse and resolve any problems, maintain systems performance and capacity.
- Plan and manage all routine repairs and upgrades and respond to faults/failures. Ensure all major issues are documented and escalated appropriately.
- Undertake regular system testing/release and ensure inventory of all hardware and software is maintained and documented.
- Ensure the Group Asset Management database is maintained and updated at all times.
- As part of a project team assist in the completion of tasks within your area of responsibility to ensure successful delivery to agreed timescales.
- Produce and update concise and accurate documentation for builds, standards, and departmental processes and procedures.
- To undertake ad hoc projects and duties as and when required, to support the needs of the business or to achieve departmental objectives.
Critical behaviours required
|Interacting & Engaging||A|
|Organising & Executing||A|
|Managing & Developing Self & Others||A|
|Service Delivery Excellence||A|
|Entrepreneurial & Commercial Thinking||A|
- Microsoft IT professional in Windows 2008
- Degree level qualification or equivalent
- ITIL Foundation
- Able to manage and resolve complex issues within a Windows domain, able to deal with issues in Active Directory, Group Policy, etc.
- Able to administer and troubleshoot issues with TCP/IP and associated services.
- Demonstrate experience in the building, configuration and troubleshooting of server and desktop hardware.
- Able to use various server/ desktop tools to resolve user/ system issues and problems.
- Operate as part of a service desk team to provide IT support services to staff.
- Supporting virtual environments, e.g. VMware
- Providing remote support to field staff, able to resolve complex issues remotely from the user.
- Administration of systems and applications, managing upgrades and patching on the systems to continually improve service.
- Administration of Microsoft back end systems, Exchange, ISA, IIS, SMS or MOM.
- Administration of Citrix environment
- Administration of security products, such as Safeboot, anti virus, sanctuary
- Management of digital/ VOiP phone system
- Working to ITIL Standards
- Linux or open source software
Our Approach to Risk Management
- You will require an awareness of operational and regulatory risk, which may impact on SBG. You will be responsible for reporting to their line manager any risk which may impact on the business.
Three Lines of Defence Risk Management Model
- You will be required to deliver your role competently and comply with the relevant standards and procedures, ensuring that SBG deliver a service where suitable advice is given to the end consumer, which is adequately recorded and ultimately promotes good customer outcomes. This can either be through direct influence or in a support services capacity.
The Consumer Duty Principle
- You will be required to highlight to your line manager procedures and processes that may impact on SBG’s ability to deliver good outcomes for retail customers and/or may lead to foreseeable harm. Where possible and relevant to your department, put forward suggestions that could positively impact the outcomes achieved by retail customers.
- You will need to be aware of all information security principles, policies and procedures and ensure these are followed on a day-to-day basis. You will be required to remain vigilant at all times and report any security concerns, suspicions and/or breaches in a timely manner.
SBG’s 6 Star Service Delivery
- You will need to demonstrate an understanding of what 6-star service delivery means in your role. This will be evidenced through your day-to-day behaviours and performance measured against your team’s 6-star service objectives.