Business Manager (to CEO and Non-Executive Chairman)
Purpose of the Role
Back to all jobs
The Business Manager's primary role is to understand the responsibilities, needs and priorities of the CEO to create the time and space needed to enable the CEO to focus on the most strategically critical demands of SBG. The Business Manager will interact with the Executive, Board and Senior Management team, to provide advanced support for the CEO and Non-Executive Chairman.
- Develop an effective and productive working relationship with the CEO and other members of the Board and Executive team to ensure the effective operation and implementation of Executive activities and strategy.
- Build and maintain knowledge and understanding of the overall business strategy to ensure a clear link with the functions and their activities, facilitating connections across the functions.
- Support and facilitate delivery of key projects and initiatives on behalf of the CEO.
- Work closely with the Executive team to co-ordinate communications and engagement across the functions to ensure a joined-up approach.
- Design, organise and co-ordinate meetings for the CEO and Non-Executive Chairman, drive the agenda, produce minutes where relevant, follow up on operational plans, ensuring they are aligned to strategic priorities and achieved in a timely manner.
- To liaise with the central reception support for travel and hotel bookings for the CEO.
- To support in the effective management of the CEO’s inbox.
- To ensure the Executive and Board schedule is executed with precision during the calendar year, linking closely with the Company Secretary and monitoring direct reports team holidays.
- To ensure a regular interface and communication points with key Aviva stakeholders.
- Identify and escalate potential risk and issues to the CEO as appropriate and ensure effective resolution, providing oversight of the iCare system.
- Research and source external and internal information, interpreting data, presenting ideas for discussion with the CEO and summarising / analysing information.
- Proactively assisting the CEO in all aspects of day to day business activities, to ensure compliance with Executive and governance responsibilities.
- Collection and collation of monthly reports, to facilitate the Executive and Board reports within the required timeframe.
- Ensure CEO adheres to reporting schedule for the year ahead.
- Adhere to the terms of reference of the Governance meetings, ensuring that accurate minutes and actions are recorded and available within the required timeframe.
- Ensure that all committee actions are recorded on the matters arising schedule, actions followed up and updates provided before the next committee meeting.
- Act as ambassador for the Executive, and SBG when interfacing with internal and external stakeholders.
- To undertake projects as and when required, to support the needs of the business or to achieve departmental objectives.
- Work collaboratively to contribute to a successful EA network within SBG.
Treating Customers Fairly and Retail Conduct Risk:
- Awareness of operational and regulatory risk, which may impact on Sesame Bankhall Group. Responsible for reporting to their line manager any risk which may impact on the business.
Three Lines of Defence:
- To highlight to your line manager procedures & processes that do not adhere to the principles of TCF/RCR and to put forward suggestions that improve the TCF/RCR practices within the department.
- To deliver your role competently and comply with the relevant standards and procedures, ensuring that SBG deliver a service where suitable advice is given to the end consumer, which is adequately recorded and ultimately promotes that customers are treated fairly. This can either be through direct influence or in a support services capacity.
- Promote information security in your department, encouraging best practice by ensuring your staff comply with the information security principles, policies and procedures. Monitor workplace practice in line with these policies and procedures and deal firmly with any instances of non-compliance.
- Demonstrate an understanding of what service delivery excellence means in your role; ensuring you get the basics right every time. Evidenced through your day to day behaviours and performance measured against the SBG service charters.
• Good basic standard of education
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages
• Previous PA/EA experience
• Experience of working at Senior Director Level
• Comprehensive minute taking and action tracking
• Experience of working on projects and managing change.
• Previous role within Financial Services