Training and Competence Consultant
Purpose of the Role
Back to all jobs
To deliver Supervision and Training activities to Network firms and advisers in line with the Training & Competence Framework. To help advisers successfully adopt and utilise the networks advice propositions. To provide coaching, feedback and training to Network firms and advisers in response to the needs of the business.
- Responsibility for delivery of T&C activity to Network advisers and firms as defined by the
operational plan and prioritisation documents.
- To facilitate the successful achievement of new advisers to get to competent adviser status
in a seamless and timely manner.
- To organise, host and deliver face to face and remote presentations at training events in line
with the agreed core objectives as required.
- Manage any issues proactively through to resolution, working closely with internal
- Demonstrate and support a strong relationship with firms, managing issues proactively to a
final resolution, escalating to line manager or other departments where necessary.
- Foster effective working relationships with office-based teams and other field staff to build a
team based approach to regional activities.
- To undertake ad hoc projects and duties as and when required, to support the needs of the
business or to achieve departmental objectives.
Managing & leading yourself & others
Developing yourself & others
- Mortgage Qualification
- IT Literate
- Driving Licence
- Diploma level 4 qualification
- J07 – Supervision in a Regulated Environment
- Certificate in Learning & Development Practice (CIPD equivalent)
- Experience working within a Compliance / regulatory role.
- Experience of providing high quality customer service.
- Willingness to travel with occasional overnight stay.
- Previous experience of supervision of regulated activities or previously non- regulated
- Previous experience of working in a business to business support environment.
Our Approach to Risk Management
- You will require an awareness of operational and regulatory risk, which may impact on SBG.
You will be responsible for reporting to their line manager any risk which may impact on the
Three Lines of Defence Risk Management Model
- You will be required to deliver your role competently and comply with the relevant
standards and procedures, ensuring that SBG deliver a service where suitable advice is given
to the end consumer, which is adequately recorded and ultimately promotes good customer
outcomes. This can either be through direct influence or in a support services capacity.
The Consumer Duty Principle
- You will be required to highlight to your line manager procedures and processes that may
impact on SBG’s ability to deliver good outcomes for retail customers and/or may lead to
foreseeable harm. Where possible and relevant to your department, put forward
suggestions that could positively impact the outcomes achieved by retail customers.
- You will need to be aware of all information security principles, policies and procedures and
ensure these are followed on a day-to-day basis. You will be required to remain vigilant at
all times and report any security concerns, suspicions and/or breaches in a timely manner.
SBG’s 6 Star Service Delivery
- You will need to demonstrate an understanding of what 6-star service delivery means in
your role. This will be evidenced through your day-to-day behaviours and performance
measured against your team’s 6-star service objectives.