Risk Business Partner
Purpose of the Role
Back to all jobs
To provide risk support to the business as follows:
- Act as part of the leadership team for aligned business area
- Coach and educate business leaders using your expertise
- Be a trusted partner
- Have a deep understanding of your aligned business area from a customer and commercial perspective
- Use foresight and experience to anticipate action needed
- Offer support and challenge to your aligned business area to get to the right outcomes
- Drive up business resilience by educating and guiding first line on good risk management practices, helping the business areas to understand, own and control their key risks.
- Identify key initiatives from your business partner areas and provide support, challenge and guidance on the key risks within their business areas and the appropriateness of the associated controls, issues, and actions
- Conducting regular analysis of data input and outputs into iCARE by your business areas, flagging early warnings of overdue and upcoming control testing and providing a general risk effectiveness opinion of your business areas.
- Ensuring your business areas are fully aware of and are continually complying with, all relevant Business Standards set by Aviva, with you being the main conduit of information received from Aviva and sharing and ensuring that information is embedded by your business areas.
- Producing and validating the annual attestation of compliance with all relevant Business Standards for your business partner areas.
- Either directly or by introducing other second line resource (such as compliance), influence and challenge first line submission of information to Boards/Committees on key business decisions and the risks associated with such decisions.
- Write formal second line risk opinions on key business decisions being made by your business areas, that require approval by formal Boards/Committees.
- Oversight and challenge the management information produced by your business units, (including financial, operational, conduct, complaints and systems and controls outcomes), commenting on the control environment and any relevant risks and actions.
- Oversight and provide guidance on all significant remediation or "Route to Green" type activity arising from control failures, and second- and third-line monitoring/audit remedial actions.
- Share intel of your business areas with broader second line teams (inc. informing monitoring activity and scoping) and help contribute to Emerging Risk discussions using detailed insight of the business partnered area.
- Understand operational impacts and ensuring operational readiness is considered as part of changes in your business areas arising from new propositions or distribution arrangements and oversight embedding of Operational Resilience in applicable business areas.
- Ensure the impacts of SMCR are understood by the business partnered unit and that the first line keeps appropriate records for evidencing how responsibilities are managed through the first line.
- Ensure that TCF/RCR principles are embedded into the team's culture, departmental procedures and practices and that management controls and MI are in place to monitor these.
- To deliver your role competently and comply with the relevant standards and procedures, ensuring that SBG deliver a service where suitable advice is given to the end consumer, which is adequately recorded and ultimately promotes that customers are treated fairly. This can either be through direct influence or in a support services capacity.
- To define and implement standards that monitor regulatory and risk developments and maintain oversight of the activities of staff within the First Line of Defence model. To check and test that work practices conform to the risk and compliance policies and standards set for the business.
- Demonstrate an understanding of what service delivery excellence means in your role; ensuring you get the basics right every time. Evidenced through your day to day behaviours and performance measured against the SBG service charters.