Risk Analyst (Maternity Cover)
9th November 2023
Purpose of the Role
Back to all jobs
To assist the Risk Business Partners in carrying out assurance activity to support the application of, and adherence to, the Enterprise Risk Management Framework (ERMF) and Operational Risk Control Management (ORCM) requirements. To produce data for analysis and contribute to reporting improvements, process documenting and operational efficiencies within the team.
- Prepare Management Information on the Risk and Control Environment for various reports and escalations.
- Undertake risk assurance activity across the business including:
- Conducting Second Line of Defence (2LOD) Control Assurance each quarter on First Line of Defence (1LOD) controls, in line with existing approach document.
- Testing 2LOD controls for Operational Effectiveness and Design Adequacy.
- Maintain records within SBG’s Risk assessment system (iCARE) to ensure that these remain up to date.
- Liaise with Aviva counterparts on ad-hoc iCARE administrative requests.
- To undertake ad hoc projects and duties as and when required, to support the needs of the business or to achieve departmental objectives.
Critical behaviours required
|Interacting & Engaging||B|
|Organising & Executing||B|
|Managing & Developing Self & Others||B|
|Service Delivery Excellence||A|
|Entrepreneurial & Commercial Thinking||B|
- IRM (Institute of Risk Management) Qualifications and Designations
- CISI (Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment) Risk in Financial Services (Level 3 Award or Certificate)
- ICA (International Compliance Association) Advanced Certificate, Diploma or Post Graduate Diploma in Governance, Risk and Compliance
- Experience in a Financial Services Environment
- Experience in an assurance role
- Experience in a reporting role
- Experience in a risk based / analytical role
- Experience in any risk management activities within role including First Line of Defence Risk Management activities
Our Approach to Risk Management
- You will require an awareness of operational and regulatory risk, which may impact on SBG. You will be responsible for reporting to their line manager any risk which may impact on the business.
Three Lines of Defence Risk Management Model
- You will be required to deliver your role competently and comply with the relevant standards and procedures, ensuring that SBG deliver a service where suitable advice is given to the end consumer, which is adequately recorded and ultimately promotes good customer outcomes. This can either be through direct influence or in a support services capacity.
- You will be required to define and implement standards that monitor regulatory and risk developments and maintain oversight of the activities of staff within the First Line of Defence model. To check and test that work practices conform to the risk and compliance policies and standards set for the business.
The Consumer Duty Principle
- You will be required to highlight to your line manager procedures and processes that may impact on SBG’s ability to deliver good outcomes for retail customers and/or may lead to foreseeable harm. Where possible and relevant to your department, put forward suggestions that could positively impact the outcomes achieved by retail customers.
- You will need to be aware of all information security principles, policies and procedures and ensure these are followed on a day-to-day basis. You will be required to remain vigilant at all times and report any security concerns, suspicions and/or breaches in a timely manner.
SBG’s 6 Star Service Delivery
- You will need to demonstrate an understanding of what 6-star service delivery means in your role. This will be evidenced through your day-to-day behaviours and performance measured against your team’s 6-star service objectives.
At Sesame Bankhall Group we believe that diverse teams really are the best teams, we are committed to providing an inclusive recruitment experience to our candidates. Research tells us that candidates may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we are happy to be asked. So, if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a go? If you are neurodiverse or require any adjustments to be made or as a result of a disability, impairment or health condition, please do not hesitate to let us know.
If you think that you are suitable for this role, please apply now!