National Learning Manager (Pensions, Wealth, Mortgage and Protection)
Purpose of the Role
Back to all jobs
To compile the annual Learning Strategy for the adviser population giving consideration to induction, training and competence, continued professional development requirements, technical, legislative and regulatory knowledge and critical skills development thereby contributing to a highly valued first class adviser learning experience.
To design and deliver through appropriate interventions including face to face events, webinars, podcasts and e-learning the content to support the annual Learning Strategy.
- Propose the appropriate interventions per training module in order to achieve an effective
and engaging adviser learning experience.
- Design and deliver adviser learning events across the directly authorised population.
- Support Bankhall services in response to client requests for unique/ tailored learning
content or experiences.
- Total creation of the learning experience including learning outcomes, content creation and
approval, assessment of learning or behaviour change and the build of the supporting
vehicle, for example classroom session, webinar, podcast or e-learning module.
- Undertake appropriate content reviews ensuring the ongoing validity of training material
through approval from internal experts and business owners. Demonstrating sign off
through documented version control.
- Liaise with the Events Manager, where appropriate to enable a well scheduled programme.
- Delivery of face-to-face training though our directly authorised events programme.
- Utilise the functionality of Your Learning Hub (YLH) to support the event/session
management and CPD requirements.
- Design and implement an effective learning evaluation mechanism assessing delegate
response and learning enhancement.
- Analyse delegate response feedback and learning enhancement evidence to enhance the
learning agenda and delivery.
- Liaise with Marketing in the production of training collateral, website updates and adviser
communications in the promotion of learning interventions.
- Liaise with the Adviser Knowledge Manager in the provision of learning content and
- Create and maintain an internal awareness of Adviser Learning opportunities and
engagement through quarterly staff communications.
- Consider commercial avenues for the SBG Learning operation.
- To undertake ad hoc projects and duties as and when required, to support the needs of the
business or to achieve departmental objectives.
|Interacting & Engaging
|Organising & Executing
|Managing & Developing Self & Others
|Service Delivery Excellence
|Entrepreneurial & Commercial Thinking
- Professional regulatory exams evidencing knowledge in required training topics to include
pensions, pension transfers and investment products.
- Driving licence
- JO7 Supervision in a regulated environment
- Diploma in Financial Planning
- Learning and Development diploma
- Financial advice provision and/or financial advice compliance
- Training design and delivery using a range of interventions; face to face classroom, elearning, webinar, podcast
- Management and/or leadership training design and delivery
- Behavioural competency training design and delivery
Our Approach to Risk Management
- You will require an awareness of operational and regulatory risk, which may impact on SBG.
You will be responsible for reporting to their line manager any risk which may impact on the
Three Lines of Defence Risk Management Model
- You will be required to deliver your role competently and comply with the relevant
standards and procedures, ensuring that SBG deliver a service where suitable advice is given
to the end consumer, which is adequately recorded and ultimately promotes good customer
outcomes. This can either be through direct influence or in a support services capacity.
The Consumer Duty Principle
- You will be required to ensure that the Consumer Duty principle is embedded into the
team’s culture, departmental procedures and practices and that management controls and
MI are in place to monitor performance against the Consumer Duty principle, where these
are required by the business.
- You are required to promote information security in your department, encouraging best
practice by ensuring your staff comply with the information security principles, policies and
procedures. You will need to monitor workplace practice in line with these policies and
procedures and deal firmly with any instances of non-compliance.
SBG’s 6 Star Service Delivery
- You will need to achieve 6-star service delivery through embedding the 6-star service
objectives into to the team culture. You will be required to encourage and exhibit the
behaviours that fit within the SBG service charters, leading the team to ensure a clear vision
of what 6-star service means for the team, ensuring that service is at the forefront of