Mortgage Desk Consultant
Purpose of the Role:
Back to all jobs
To provide first line support to Sesame network and PMS members, in line with service standards and department or business objectives. To keep up to date with the mortgage market to deliver a first class service.
- Provide a first class inbound telephone service to both PMS & Sesame members demonstrating comprehensive mortgage knowledge of the two panels.
- Maximise inbound calls to highlight the strengths of the products & services available via Bankhall, PMS & Sesame Network.
- Manage nominated criteria grids to ensure up to date and accurate information is held in line with team SLA's.
- To maintain, assist and contribute to our continuous improvement of processes and adhere to documented procedures and work practices within the department.
- Demonstrate your own input in taking personal responsibility for the delivery of you PDP in line with departmental and personal objectives.
- Demonstrate existing mortgage, GI, compliance & protection knowledge in order to handle objections, answer queries & maximise sales opportunities.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholder teams and share insight and feedback with those areas and the business overall
- Account Management of top mortgage firms within your nominated postcode territories on an individual basis.
- Cover in the absence of other team members in the Group and support colleagues to achieve team goals, objectives and service standards.
- Awareness of operational and regulatory risk, which may impact Sesame Bankhall Group. Responsible for reporting to their line manager any risk which may impact on the business.
- To highlight to your line manager procedures & processes that do not adhere to the principles of TCF/RCR and to put forward suggestions that improve the TCF/RCR practices within the department.
- To deliver your role competently and comply with the relevant standards and procedures, ensuring that SBG deliver a service where suitable advice is given to the end consumer, which is adequately recorded and ultimately promotes that customers are treated fairly. This can either be through direct influence or in a support services capacity.
- Awareness of all information security and prevention of financial crime principles, policies and procedures and ensure these are followed on a daily basis. Remain vigilant at all times and report any security concerns, suspicions and/or breaches in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate an understanding of what service delivery excellence means in your role; ensuring you get the basics right every time. Evidenced through your day to day behaviours and performance measured against the SBG service charters.