9th November 2023
Purpose of the Role
Back to all jobs
Here at Sesame Bankhall Group (SBG), we aim to be the market leader in providing professional support services to financial advice firms in the UK.
We are currently looking for a Management Accountant to support our operational teams, based in Sale. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic team, to assist with the approval and processing of all payments, through relevant accounting and payment systems, with the required authorisation, and within agreed timescales.
The successful individual will be responsible for assisting the Financial Controller in the production and review of the monthly management accounts, forecasts, and balance sheet reconciliations.
This role offers you the opportunity to:
- Prepare timely financial information and reconciliation at month end to assist with the production of monthly management accounts (including balance sheet reconciliations and forecasts).
- Provide monthly analysis of actual project spend and prepare and manage all project forecasting. This will include all project related people and overhead spend.
- Prepare and distribute monthly analysis of debt to SBG operational departments to support these departments in chasing outstanding balances.
- Support HR in the preparation of the monthly payroll submission ahead of its submission to the payroll provider. Provide support to the payroll provider in resolving payroll related queries.
- Provide support to the Financial Accounting Manager and Financial Controller in providing expense analysis, cost forecasts, and finance support to SBG business areas monthly to ensure that the teams are able to manage their operational budgets.
- As a payment approver, support the wider Finance team to ensure that all payments due to Suppliers, Customers, Network members, clients, 3rd parties such as HMRC, and Employees are processed through the relevant accounting and payment systems, with the required authorisation, and within agreed timescales.
- Act as a point of contact for the external auditors, providing information to assist with the statutory audit process. Assist the Financial Controller in preparation of the year-end statutory accounts for SBG entities.
- Assist the Financial Controller and Financial Accounting Manager in meeting external reporting requirements for Aviva, HMRC, and FCA.
If you possess the following, get in touch:
- ACA, ACCA ,CIMA or equivalent qualification.
- Proven experience within financial accounting / control.
- Strong understanding of finance functions and accounting processes.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly advanced Excel skills.
- Previous accounting software exposure.
- Organised and methodical in approach with excellent time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise so that all deadlines are met.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
At Sesame Bankhall Group we believe that diverse teams really are the best teams, we are committed to providing an inclusive recruitment experience to our candidates. Research tells us that candidates may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we are happy to be asked. So, if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a go? If you are neurodiverse or require any adjustments to be made or as a result of a disability, impairment or health condition, please do not hesitate to let us know.
If you think that you are suitable for this role, please apply now!