Customer Relations Officer
13th October 2023
Purpose of the Role
Back to all jobs
To ensure the accurate and timely investigation of Complaints/ Past Business Reviews (PBRs) in accordance with all internal processes and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain accurate information to progress cases in a timely manner.
- Investigate and resolve Complaints / PBR cases to a high standard whilst meeting all FCA requirements including requirement to treat customers fairly.
- Ensure all Complaints / PBR’s issued to you are thoroughly investigated and analysed in accordance with established procedures and principles.
- If required in role, calculate the redress accurately and in line with guidance.
- If required in role, manage the end to end process of complaints that progress to The Financial Ombudsman Service.
- Achieve and maintain the Quality Assessment levels required.
- Ensure all your work is conducted to a high standard and you adhere to business process and competency requirements.
- Ensure all your work remains accurate at all times and is properly recorded and reported within the complaints system and files.
- Establish and maintain effective relations with internal and external Stakeholders.
- Ensure the customer is fully aware of the process by maintaining contact informing them of the process, timescales and providing regular updates on progress through telephone and written communication.
- Effectively manage and take ownership of the Professional Indemnity Insurance (PI) process.
- To undertake ad hoc projects and duties as and when required, to support the needs of the business or to achieve departmental objectives.
Critical behaviours required
|Interacting & Engaging||A|
|Organising & Executing||B|
|Managing & Developing Self & Others||B|
|Service Delivery Excellence||A|
|Entrepreneurial & Commercial Thinking||A|
- R01 – Financial Services, Regulation and Ethics – qualified
- R02 – Investment principle and risk
- R04 – Pension and retirement planning
- R05 – Financial protection – qualified
- CF6 – Mortgage Advice – qualified
- Or equivalent qualifications i.e. Certificate in Financial Planning or Full Financial Planning Certificate)
- Diploma in Financial Services (QCF Level 4)
- Good understanding of Financial services products.
- Complaint handling of Advice review experience.
- Customer facing Financial Services experience.
- Good understanding of Professional Indemnity Insurance.
- Workflow and resource management.
- Experience in a specialist areas such as Pensions or IHT planning.
- Compliance exposure.
- IFA support.
Our Approach to Risk Management
- You will require an awareness of operational and regulatory risk, which may impact on SBG. You will be responsible for reporting to their line manager any risk which may impact on the business.
Three Lines of Defence Risk Management Model
- You will be required to deliver your role competently and comply with the relevant standards and procedures, ensuring that SBG deliver a service where suitable advice is given to the end consumer, which is adequately recorded and ultimately promotes good customer outcomes. This can either be through direct influence or in a support services capacity.
The Consumer Duty Principle
- You will be required to highlight to your line manager procedures and processes that may impact on SBG’s ability to deliver good outcomes for retail customers and/or may lead to foreseeable harm. Where possible and relevant to your department, put forward suggestions that could positively impact the outcomes achieved by retail customers.
- You will need to be aware of all information security principles, policies and procedures and ensure these are followed on a day-to-day basis. You will be required to remain vigilant at all times and report any security concerns, suspicions and/or breaches in a timely manner.
SBG’s 6 Star Service Delivery
- You will need to demonstrate an understanding of what 6-star service delivery means in your role. This will be evidenced through your day-to-day behaviours and performance measured against your team’s 6-star service objectives.