Business Delivery Manager (x2 positions available)
Purpose of the Role
Back to all jobs
Here at Sesame Bankhall Group (SBG), we aim to be the market leader in providing professional support services to financial advice firms in the UK.
The Business Delivery Manager's primary role is to understand the responsibilities, needs and priorities of the Executive, providing support to the Executive and their Senior Leadership Team (SLT) to operate effectively.
This will enable the Executive and SLT to create space and focus on the most strategically critical demands of SBG. This includes helping drive commercial, strategic, and operational activities and liaising with the SLT on the coordinated delivery of key initiatives.
You will also be expected to look for opportunities for the business to operate more effectively, as well as building your senior network within the business and within Aviva.
- Develop an effective and productive working relationship with the Executive and their SLT as well as wider Executive.
- Build and maintain knowledge and understanding of the overall business strategy to ensure a clear link with the functions and their activities, facilitating connections across the functions.
- Ensure the Executive is adequately briefed for boards, committees, internal and external meetings.
- Prioritising the incoming demands to the Executive to ensure the most important issues are addressed in a timely fashion.
- Support and facilitate delivery of key projects and initiatives on behalf of the Executive.
- Design, organise and co-ordinate meetings for the Executive, drive the agenda, record and manage actions, follow up on operational plans, ensuring they are aligned to strategic priorities and achieved in a timely manner.
- Manage the functions governance structure including SLT and functional meetings.
- Maintain, develop and scrutinise the functions business KPIs and dashboards, working with SLT members to develop the narrative and improve performance.
- Collection and collation of monthly reports, to facilitate the Executive and Board reports within the required timeframe.
- Ensure the Executive and Board schedule is executed with precision during the calendar year, linking closely with the Company Secretary and ensuring all actions and papers from within the function are drafted, agreed and delivered in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the functional leadership team to co-ordinate communications and engagement across the wider business to ensure a joined-up approach.
- Proactively assisting the Executive in all aspects of day to day business activities, to ensure compliance with Executive and governance responsibilities.
- Identify and escalate potential risk and issues to the Executive as appropriate and work with the key stakeholders in the function to ensure they are properly recorded in iCare.
- Research and analyse external and internal information, interpreting data, presenting ideas for discussion with the Executive and summarising / analysing information.
- Act as ambassador for the function, and SBG when interfacing with internal and external stakeholders.
- To undertake ad hoc projects and duties as and when required, to support the needs of the business or to achieve departmental objectives.
Critical behaviours required
|Interacting & Engaging||B|
|Organising & Executing||B|
|Managing & Developing Self & Others||A|
|Service Delivery Excellence||B|
|Entrepreneurial & Commercial Thinking||B|
- Good basic standard of education. – GCSE pass in English and maths
- Experience of interrogating, analysing, and presenting business data, trends, KPIs etc.
- Experience of writing Exec and Board reports.
- Experience of planning and delivery of complex, multi-functional initiatives.
- Experience of working on projects and managing change.
- Previous role within Financial Services
Our Approach to Risk Management
- You will require an awareness of operational and regulatory risk, which may impact on SBG. You will be responsible for reporting to their line manager any risk which may impact on the business.
Three Lines of Defence Risk Management Model
- You will be required to deliver your role competently and comply with the relevant standards and procedures, ensuring that SBG deliver a service where suitable advice is given to the end consumer, which is adequately recorded and ultimately promotes good customer outcomes. This can either be through direct influence or in a support services capacity.
The Consumer Duty Principle
- You will be required to highlight to your line manager procedures and processes that may impact on SBG’s ability to deliver good outcomes for retail customers and/or may lead to foreseeable harm. Where possible and relevant to your department, put forward suggestions that could positively impact the outcomes achieved by retail customers.
- You will need to be aware of all information security principles, policies and procedures and ensure these are followed on a day-to-day basis. You will be required to remain vigilant at all times and report any security concerns, suspicions and/or breaches in a timely manner.
SBG’s 6 Star Service Delivery
- You will need to demonstrate an understanding of what 6-star service delivery means in your role. This will be evidenced through your day-to-day behaviours and performance measured against your team’s 6-star service objectives.