Group Information Security Officer
Purpose of the Role
Back to all jobs
Sesame Bankhall Group (SBG) are looking to recruit a Group Information Security Officer. Working within the Financial Services sector this role will ensure that Information Security standards align with those set by the Aviva group, liaising with key stakeholders to review, challenge and approve Information Security processes and procedures. The role will provide appropriate and proportionate advice to the Group and its first line of defence on the purpose and application of its Information Security policies and control standards.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide assurance that the Group is compliant with all relevant Information Security policy and legislation.
- Provide security training and awareness campaigns to the Group and its customer base.
- Provide Third Party Information Security assurance of the Group’s suppliers.
- Conduct annual maturity assessments of cyber controls to see that the Group are continually improving their cyber controls and provide the executive team with industry benchmarking insight.
- Collaborate with the IT function to see that a cyber security strategy is put in place that fulfils the requirements of business objectives and control maturity requirements.
- Conduct independent Information Security risk assessments, reporting findings to and agreeing mitigating actions/risk acceptance with the system owner and IT
- Undertake proportionate assurance activity / IS risk assessments of the Group’s Information Security control environment.
- Provide oversight and investigate breaches of the Groups data loss prevention controls.
- Monitor, investigate, record, and provide statistics to the business of network member information security breaches.
- Monitor, investigate, and provide awareness to the business on malicious emails received by colleagues.
- Sit on the Business Continuity Steering Group and Incident Management Teams to provide guidance on Information Security matters.
- Collaborate with our parent company to deliver phishing scenario tests to our colleagues
- Flexible working
- Employee discount schemes
- 4 x life assurance
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Private Medical Insurance
SBG are committed to Treating Customers Fairly. As part of your role, it will be your responsibility to work within the principles of TCF which would be specific to your role and department.
SBG are an equal opportunity employer, committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Applications are encouraged from all candidates and we would encourage you to let us know if there are steps we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you think that you are suitable for this role, please apply now!