The Company, Sesame Services Limited (“Sesame”) is a "data controller". This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. This Privacy Notice makes you aware of how and why your personal data will be used, namely for the purposes of your participation in our events (“the Campaign”). It provides you with certain information that must be provided under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The data we collect about you
In connection with the campaign we may collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
- Your name, firm name, email address.
How is your personal information collected?
We collect personal information about you when you register for the event.
How we will use information about you
We will use the personal information we collect about you for general administration of the event and to share with product providers and lenders.
Situations in which we will use your personal information
We need all the categories of information in the list above primarily to administer our events with your consent (“Consent”). You may withdraw your consent at any time. We also use your personal information to pursue legitimate interests of our own or those of third parties (“Legitimate interests”), provided your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. The situations in which we will process your personal information are listed below.
| Event administration
||Sesame Bankhall Group companies (including Bankhall Support Services Limited, Sesame Limited and Premier Mortgage Service Limited).
Venues if you book accommodation.|
| To enable providers to contact you about their products
|| Third party providers that contribute to the events.|
|To analyse the popularity of our events
||Sesame Bankhall Group companies (including Bankhall Support Services Limited , Sesame Limited and Premier Mortgage Service Limited) |
Who we share your data with
We share your data with the following third parties:
- Product providers and lenders that support the event you attend, as listed on the event booking page.
- Event venues if you have booked accommodation.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need-to-know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long will you use my information for?
We will retain your personal information for a period of 12 months after the event has taken place. If the event is cancelled we will keep your details until another alternative event is arranged.
We retain your personal information for that period so we can resend CPD information if required and to analyse the popularity of venues and locations.
Your rights in connection with your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact the Data Protection Officer at [email protected].
Data protection officer
We have appointed a data protection officer (DPO) to oversee compliance with this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact the DPO at [email protected] You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.